25 November 2010

cloth, paper, scissors...




I have begun a new project. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that I'm especially productive; I'm not, certainly in comparison with those who create many of the beautiful art and craft blogs I visit often. I would like to be that sort of person, and perhaps one day I will be, but for now, I take on what I can when inspiration strikes. Lately, I have been coveting the sort of dress that one sees in those gorgeously produced Japanese craft books. I have many of these books on embroidery and making clever things from paper and felt, but none on sewing. I haven't enviable sewing skills; I plod along with obstinate determination and make many mistakes, so the idea of pairing my rudimentary abilities with a project made clear only to those who read Japanese gives pause. But, as aforesaid obstinate determination is one of my strengths, I have decided to modify a McCall's pattern, (# 5621, View C, if anyone is interested), into a vaguely Japanese sort of construction.


When embarking on a new project,
it often helps to consult an expert...


...or two...







"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "Thank You", that would suffice"
- Meister Eckhart



Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

No comments: