02 January 2009

Bonne Annee!


January, day two.
Taking the better part of December and requiring every bit of determination I had, the throw was finally completed two, or was it three?, days before Christmas. Knit three, slip three, ad nauseum. What unrelenting tedium, and it will be a long time before I try something like that again. I still have two sweater projects that need to be finished, (I have developed this counterproductive tendency toward not finishing things), but frankly, I would be perfectly happy to knit nothing at all for quite a while. Then, this morning, I thought, "I should knit myself a hat".




My inherited orchid began blooming on Christmas Eve. It's an Oncidium, Sharry Baby, and it is perfuming the living room with a delicious vanilla fragrance. My other orchids, purchased inexpensively as a result of some volunteering at a college plant sale, are still green, and in some cases, actively growing, but no promise of flowers yet.





Alternatively, the cats are well and supremely happy and acting like kittens again, thanks to the success of their new diet, lavish amounts of playtime, and lots of love.

Here's to 2009. May we all find what we are looking for this year.

No comments: